Version 1.2.0 was a major update to Mega Man Maker, released on December 17, 2017, to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Mega Man franchise. The update primarily focused on adding content from Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 3, and also introduced the ability to collect new weapons in the middle of levels, which was a highly requested feature at the time. To celebrate the announcement of Mega Man 11, the weapon Block Dropper was also implemented with the tentative name "Brick Drop".
WreckingPrograms uploaded a video to his YouTube channel showcasing the Block Dropper to commemorate the announcement of Mega Man 11 with the soundtrack of what would be revealed to be Fuse Man's stage theme.
During the Christmas season, the menu background was changed to a tree with presents to celebrate Christmas. The team also posted a picture of the background with a "thank you" message added on.
- Fly Boy
- Fly Boy Spawner
- Fan Fiend
- Hari Harry
- Walking Bomb
- Mag Fly
- MM2 Wily 1 BG
- MM2 Wily 1 BG 2
- MM2 Wily 4 BG
- MM2 Wily 6 BG
- Magnet BG
- MM3 Wily 3 BG
- MM2 Wily 1 Tile
- MM2 Wily 2 Tile
- MM2 Wily 4 Tile
- MM2 Wily 6 Tile
- MM3 Wily 1 Tile
- MM3 Wily 2 Tile
- MM3 Wily 3 Tile
- Wily Plate
- Cossack Plate
- Mr. X Plate
- The online menu has been revamped. It now has a more intuitive interface, along with some new features.
- The level cap has been increased to 20, meaning you can upload twice as many levels as before!
- From now on, the changelog can be displayed in-game whenever a new version is available.
- Added a shortcut for restarting from the last checkpoint. You can do this with Ctrl + R or Weapon Switch left + Weapon Switch Right + Jump + Pause (L + R + A + Start).
- Improved the minimap; it is no longer transparent for better visibility, its color changes depending on the UI scheme and sections with a boss, party ball or energy element are marked with a different color.
- My levels in the online menu has been replaced with My profile, taking you to your new user card. You can still find your uploaded levels here as well.
- Quick Man's tileset more accurately resembles the original.
- Hyper Bomb now explodes after being in the air for a while (e.g. when bouncing on springs).
- Changed the abbreviated names of some weapons.
- Pressing the section toggle icon now produces a sound effect.
- Moving platforms should be more stable now.
- If you pause the game while health is refilling, the sound keeps playing, even if you restart the level.
- If you destroy a Pierobot gear while the clown is falling, the clown will bounce on nothing.
- If you Charge Kick through a boss door with a boss on the other screen, and this boss door is entirely on the previous screen, you can float in the air.
- Teleporting across multiple screens, then touching an element right as you leave the teleporter, crashes the game.
- Switching weapons while only having the Nothing weapon can freeze the game.
- The UI's hand sprite changes when it's grayed out.
- Peterchy's object description has a typo (occassionally instead of occasionally).
- If you Top Spin on a Mechakkero over spikes while it's low to the ground, you die instead of bouncing off.
- Blockies can clip through walls when pushed by a conveyor belt with a specific setup.
- In the UI, the minimap can overlap the scheme change menu, causing weird effects when clicking on both at once.
- The number of shots Crazy Cannon fires doesn't get reset when they respawn.
- If you place a Pierobot directly against a wall, facing that wall, it can clip upwards.
- As of version 1.7.5, version 1.2.0 is the only major version release to not feature any new example levels.
- WreckingPrograms - Mega Man 11 in 8-bit!|Mega Man Maker 1.2