|Artwork of a B Bitter from Mega Man 5|
B Bitter (or Pop-Up Cannon in Mega Man for Game Gear, or simply Bitter in Mega Man Maker) is a cannon mounted on a small pole, with the ability to partially hide itself from view when it is not actively firing at its foes.
When B Bitter is farther than 2.5 tiles away from the player in any direction, it will be in its "passive state" and will do nothing but hide partially under the ground.
When B Bitter is 2.5 tiles away from the player or closer in any direction, it will enter its "aggressive state" and will emerge from its hiding space, fire one shot horizontally, and descend back into its hiding space, where it will then repeat the pattern.
When the player is farther than 2.5 tiles away from the B Bitter in any direction after activating its "aggressive state", the B Bitter will then return back to its "passive state".
A B Bitter can be set as one of two colors in the Level Builder: green or orange.
- The enemy's name is roughly based on the phrase "be bitter", likely implying the negative experience of the enemy popping-up and surprising the player may cause them to "be bitter".
- As the B Bitter is intended to hide within tiles when it is not firing, it can look rather visually awkward in Mega Man Maker when the enemy becomes airborne, while hiding during its "passive state".
- If a Bitter is placed on a Battan or Brown, it will crash the game upon landing on them.
- A Bitter will bounce a bit while on some solid entities such as the Bari III's head or the Jet Platform. This behavior stops after it shoots.
- A Bitter will clip through a horizontal Key Door if falling on it.
|Content from Mega Man 5|
|Stone Man • Crystal Man • Napalm Man • Charge Man|
|Train Met • Crystal Joe • New Shield Attacker • Pukapelly • Kouker • B Bitter • Power Muscler • Bomb/Rock Thrown • Metall Cannon • Subeil • Lyric • Giree • Giree Spawner • Tondeall • Pukapucker • Bounder • Cocco • Sumatran • V • Jet Bomb • Bombier|
|Power Stone • Gravity Hold • Napalm Bomb • Gyro Attack • Crystal Eye • Star Crash • Water Wave • Charge Kick • Super Arrow|
|Falling Platform • Rotating Platform • Rolling Drill • Rolling Drill Spawner • Teckyun • Steam|