Ongoing challenge event
|Ongoing challenge event|
|The official logo of the MMM challenge events|
The Mega Man Maker ongoing challenge event was a series of public level creation contests. These challenges usually had certain criteria for level design and were made to encourage creative usage of assets available within the game's editor. Several judges voted and gave written reviews on the entries, with the winning stage being the one that received the most votes. The winning creators from a challenge were usually offered a prize of some sort at the end of the challenge.
On July 21st 2019, WreckingPrograms discontinued the Challenge Event and encouraged the community to do fan challenges instead. This also removed the Challenge Coordinator roles on the forums and Discord server. While the Discord server already had a channel for fan challenges, the forums gained a new category to add them.
|Intro to 1.3||You will create a level that is limited to the new content*. From weapons to enemies. (you are however allowed to use any of the backgrounds or tilesets for aesthetic purposes. But we definitely encourage usage of the new ones.)
Playing as Mega Man himself is fine, but since the new characters are the forefront of the update it’s probably best to use Proto Man or Bass this time around. If you feel that Mega Man himself is best suited for your level that is perfectly ok, don’t force some of the new stuff into your level just because you can.
|3/24/2018 - 4/10/2018|
|Proto-Pocalypse||This challenge will have you venturing through the wastes as Proto Man, taking heavier blows and giving out piddly damage with needle bullets; The enemies will be plentiful and out for your robotic blood, so give ‘em hell in return!
||4/18/2018 - 5/26/2018|
|Cold King's Awakening||Whether freezing your foes solid with the chilled glare of Ice Slasher or overwhelming everything in your path with the pure, sub-zero onslaught of Perfect Freeze, those of you who participate will be tasked to show us all why playing for the villainous side is just plain cool.
||6/17/2018 - 7/1/2018|
|Wily Construction Co.||Wily is being cheap once again, as instead of building his own Castle (or two, or three…) he’s decided to draft us all into our new MMM Challenge Event! While the doctor is busy eating shredded cheese out of the bag while questioning his life choices, the entrants will be tasked with providing a grand stage fit for the endgame!
||9/6/2018 - 10/1/2018|
|Nature's Wrath||Winter is coming fast, and the world is striking out before all goes cold and quiet. In an effort to avoid being struck down by crazed animals, the entrants to this new MMM Challenge Event will be creating a stage themed around the nature assets given in MMM.
||12/14/2018 - 12/17/2018|
|Retro Redux||With the new year’s arrival, new resolutions and a review of what you’ve been through the past year usually come with it. Now with the old year replaced by the new, it’ll be the entrant’s duty to refresh and spice up the nostalgia-filled gems of Capcom’s beloved classics, in this brand new MMM Challenge Event.
||02/19/2019 - 02/22/2019||
Intro to 1.3
- Challenge Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oVUDJ0zj2Nmx6e-Z49aves5pVCdQQb4FI3LglwJTVxg/edit
- Results Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lIhH07etax-nevinXXSHvhWyivGkFkZ5S8wGZl-6a6c/edit
- Challenge Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rlteuivXlgeFik7qHamnSZubfo3teqJ7dby_GS3ColU/edit
- Results Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vCWaTfLTLfvA9_-dmbCpChqC_nCSyCrXUiLxmv5Aa4w/edit
Cold King's Awakening
- Challenge Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y4cPOram9ictf0dK6i_3za_5jli9HP4OHWkdBttzIpE/edit
- Results Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15uSnoJtMP5h_a_OlazCehNuTBqYXH6CUDSictsBcJkQ/edit
Wily Construction Co.
- Challenge Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ihzwGTK25zr1OQbyr1VG53cnFsIQciXX39r9C2JyOpM/edit
- Results Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12JeYzNb4-MHq-fanIBwjo6nkMTRnxi1ylqGSD6A-8A8/edit
- Challenge Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NFJ9sFJer_GH4z326IXWdluCZDxb-LH7aNmg_1Kr3f4/edit
- Accepted Enemies/Bosses Document: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VcyCZV9GVzMMiCjyVk9A8Q1Dgx-zZ50o85a7e-RWVw0
- Results Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nZFoBSeb_E-erOqB70wHZxn17GDIgyTGIcYgVb7F4d0/edit
- Challenge Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w-8GGBe9JA-mAkSHi61Bxa7XuNdiT5_mlnwZpVLKym4/edit#
- Results Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cbHAG-dBvtVUsVu4yH_iS2GyrlgyAmrfEiCbopLQLzU
Intro to 1.3
Cold King's Awakening
- Takes Azelfie
- Bowen Aero (Stopped judging due to technical difficulties.)
Wily Construction Co.
- Very Clean Guy
- Shy Guy’s Stash
- Joaje (Stopped judging due to personal reasons.)
- As of September 23rd 2018, Dolphin is both no longer a challenge coordinator of, and no longer affiliated with, the Mega Man Maker Ongoing Challenge Event. Aze was subsequently promoted to Challenge Coordinator.
- The Retro Redux event was the first to include a prize which directly influenced MMM's assets (winner chose an NES-series weapon to be added). The weapon chosen was the Rain Flush.
- The challenges originated from Let Me Level With You Discord Server, and went through 9 challenges before being officially adopted by the MMM discord server. The 9 challenges were:
-Mega Man 2
-Automatic Traditional (make a traditional level that can secretly be completed by held down left/right and doing nothing else)
-Break Out (start out with almost nothing, gathering arsenals as the level goes along)
-MMM assets only
-MM4 and MM5 assets only (this was before the 1.3 update)
-"Hard Mode" Level (an easy level with ways to make it harder)
- On June 30th 2019, Aze retired from his position as a judge and challenge coordinator, while V1ralGam3r retired when the contest was finished.