Ongoing challenge event
|Ongoing challenge event|
|The official logo of the MMM challenge events|
The Mega Man Maker ongoing challenge event is a series of public level creation contests. These challenges usually have certain criteria for level design and are made to encourage creative usage of assets available within the game's editor. Several judges vote on the entries where the levels picked are given are then given a written review by the judges who voted on the level, with the winning stage being the one that received the most votes. The top level creators from a challenge are usually offered a prize of some sort at the end of the challenge.
Since 2019, the contest event is no longer called a challenge to avoid confusion.
|Intro to 1.3||You will create a level that is limited to the new content*. From weapons to enemies. (you are however allowed to use any of the backgrounds or tilesets for aesthetic purposes. But we definitely encourage usage of the new ones.)
Playing as Mega Man himself is fine, but since the new characters are the forefront of the update it’s probably best to use Proto Man or Bass this time around. If you feel that Mega Man himself is best suited for your level that is perfectly ok, don’t force some of the new stuff into your level just because you can.
|3/24/2018 - 4/10/2018|
|Proto-Pocalypse||This challenge will have you venturing through the wastes as Proto Man, taking heavier blows and giving out piddly damage with needle bullets; The enemies will be plentiful and out for your robotic blood, so give ‘em hell in return!
||4/18/2018 - 5/26/2018|
|Cold King's Awakening||Whether freezing your foes solid with the chilled glare of Ice Slasher or overwhelming everything in your path with the pure, sub-zero onslaught of Perfect Freeze, those of you who participate will be tasked to show us all why playing for the villainous side is just plain cool.
||6/17/2018 - 7/1/2018|
|Wily Construction Co.||Wily is being cheap once again, as instead of building his own Castle (or two, or three…) he’s decided to draft us all into our new MMM Challenge Event! While the doctor is busy eating shredded cheese out of the bag while questioning his life choices, the entrants will be tasked with providing a grand stage fit for the endgame!
||9/6/2018 - 10/1/2018|
|Nature's Wrath||Winter is coming fast, and the world is striking out before all goes cold and quiet. In an effort to avoid being struck down by crazed animals, the entrants to this new MMM Challenge Event will be creating a stage themed around the nature assets given in MMM.
||12/14/2018 - 12/17/2018|
|Retro Redux||With the new year’s arrival, new resolutions and a review of what you’ve been through the past year usually come with it. Now with the old year replaced by the new, it’ll be the entrant’s duty to refresh and spice up the nostalgia-filled gems of Capcom’s beloved classics, in this brand new MMM Challenge Event.
||02/19/2019 - 02/22/2019||
|Level Creation Contest||Welcome to our second attempt at an overall Level Creation Contest! If you missed the first, here’s a quick intro: You’ll be asked to submit a stage to either a traditional or non-traditional category, each of which having its own set of rules alongside the general guideline.
Regarding Bosses and Midbosses
|05/10/2019 - 05/12/2019||
Intro to 1.3
- Challenge Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oVUDJ0zj2Nmx6e-Z49aves5pVCdQQb4FI3LglwJTVxg/edit
- Results Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lIhH07etax-nevinXXSHvhWyivGkFkZ5S8wGZl-6a6c/edit
- Challenge Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rlteuivXlgeFik7qHamnSZubfo3teqJ7dby_GS3ColU/edit
- Results Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vCWaTfLTLfvA9_-dmbCpChqC_nCSyCrXUiLxmv5Aa4w/edit
Cold King's Awakening
- Challenge Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y4cPOram9ictf0dK6i_3za_5jli9HP4OHWkdBttzIpE/edit
- Results Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15uSnoJtMP5h_a_OlazCehNuTBqYXH6CUDSictsBcJkQ/edit
Wily Construction Co.
- Challenge Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ihzwGTK25zr1OQbyr1VG53cnFsIQciXX39r9C2JyOpM/edit
- Results Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12JeYzNb4-MHq-fanIBwjo6nkMTRnxi1ylqGSD6A-8A8/edit
- Challenge Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NFJ9sFJer_GH4z326IXWdluCZDxb-LH7aNmg_1Kr3f4/edit
- Accepted Enemies/Bosses Document: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VcyCZV9GVzMMiCjyVk9A8Q1Dgx-zZ50o85a7e-RWVw0
- Results Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nZFoBSeb_E-erOqB70wHZxn17GDIgyTGIcYgVb7F4d0/edit
- Challenge Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w-8GGBe9JA-mAkSHi61Bxa7XuNdiT5_mlnwZpVLKym4/edit#
- Results Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cbHAG-dBvtVUsVu4yH_iS2GyrlgyAmrfEiCbopLQLzU
Level Contest Creation
- Challenge Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FE3PlePLUwxBbS0nYh9BIjwKraWkF6VbEYEjGDBnVOk
- Results Document: TBA
Intro to 1.3
Cold King's Awakening
- Takes Azelfie
- Bowen Aero (Stopped judging due to technical difficulties.)
Wily Construction Co.
- Very Clean Guy
- Shy Guy’s Stash
- Joaje (Stopped judging due to personal reasons.)
Level Creation Contest
- King Mii
- As of September 23rd 2018, Dolphin is both no longer a challenge coordinator of, and no longer affiliated with, the Mega Man Maker Ongoing Challenge Event. Aze was subsequently promoted to Challenge Coordinator.
- The Retro Redux event was the first to include a prize which directly influenced MMM's assets (winner chose an NES-series weapon to be added). The weapon chosen was the Rain Flush.
- The challenges originated from Let Me Level with you discord server, and went through 9 challenges before being officially adopted by the MMM discord server. The 9 challenges were:
-Mega Man 2
-Automatic Traditional (make a traditional level that can secretly be completed by held down left/right and doing nothing else)
-Break Out (start out with almost nothing, gathering arsenals as the level goes along)
-MMM assets only
-MM4 and MM5 assets only (this was before the 1.3 update)
-"Hard Mode" Level (an easy level with ways to make it harder)