|Art of a Rotating Platform or Daidine from Mega Man 5|
The Rotating Platform or Daidine as it was originally called in Mega Man 5, is a flying temporary platform Level Object from Gyro Man, Stone Man, Crystal Man, and the third of Proto Man's Castle stages from Mega Man 5 that has been featured in Mega Man Maker since its 1.0.0 version. The platform consists of a gold or green metal disk with a large blinking red, green, or yellow light on its bottom, almost making it resemble a ceiling light. When placed in the Level Builder the Rotating Platform will require that an end point be placed in addition to it's starting point. When a Player Character stands on top of a Rotating Platform it will immediately move from it's current position to it's set end point, where it will then stop and fall straight down off screen a few seconds later. While on the platform, the Player Character will appear to spin around as they move with the platform. The starting and end points of a Rotating Platform can be set to the same location, doing so will cause them to essentially function as wider Falling Platforms. Unlike Falling Platforms however, they can be jumped through from below.
Though they originally only had one color option when first included, there are 3 total as of version 1.5.0 of the game. They are the classic Red color, the Green color, and the yellow color. The Yellow color option is the only one that also changes the metal platform portion of the object, making it change from it's usual gold to a green color. Functionally all of these color variants are identical.
The classic version of Rotating Platform with only the one red color skin from version 1.0.0, still remain in modern builds of Mega Man Maker, as a separate entity to its modern variant, to ensure compatibility with older uploaded levels.
- Mega Man 5 featured an additional color variant of the Rotating Platform/Daidine which had a green light on its bottom rather than a red one. Both versions functioned Identically.
- If a Rotating Platform brings the Player Character through a screen transition or Boss Door they will continue to be in their spinning animation as they move to the next screen.
- If a Giree (set to move left) spawns on, or lands on a Rotating Platform, the Giree won't move. It is currently unknown if this behavior is a glitch, or intentional.
- Despite having 3 color variants in their game of origin Mega Man 5, the game only had the red variation initially. For whatever reason, the point at which the other 2 colors were added is omitted from the patch notes, despite being a new addition in version 1.5.0.
- If the Player Character stays on a Rotating Platform as it falls, they will ignore the collision of certain other Level Objects and will fall straight through them, potentially resulting in their death if located over a pitfall, spikes, or some other form of deadly hazard. Level objects that the player will ignore the collision of while riding a falling Rotating Platform include other Rotating Platforms, Crash Lifts, Drop Platforms, Ring Platforms, Footholder enemies, and Quicksand.
|Content from Mega Man 5|
|Stone Man • Crystal Man • Napalm Man • Charge Man|
|Train Met • Crystal Joe • New Shield Attacker • Pukapelly • Kouker • B Bitter • Power Muscler • Bomb/Rock Thrown • Metall Cannon • Subeil • Lyric • Giree • Giree Spawner • Tondeall • Pukapucker • Bounder • Cocco • Sumatran • V • Jet Bomb • Bombier|
|Power Stone • Gravity Hold • Napalm Bomb • Gyro Attack • Crystal Eye • Star Crash • Water Wave • Charge Kick • Super Arrow|
|Falling Platform • Rotating Platform • Rolling Drill • Rolling Drill Spawner • Teckyun • Steam|