Version 1.0.4 was a minor update to Mega Man Maker (back when it was known as Mega Maker), released on August 1, 2017.
- Significantly reduced lag on large levels. This should make most levels run at a consistent frame rate on low-end PCs.
- This is the last time you'll have to update the game manually, thanks to an auto-update system Mors wrote!
- Added support for one-click level plays; the Discord bot has been updated accordingly, so whenever you or someone else tells the bot to display a level, you can click the link and immediately play it without having to enter the ID manually. Please note that you will have to launch the game at least once before making use of this feature.
- The game automatically creates a backup of your level every two minutes. If you quit the game abruptly or if the game crashes, you can load this backup when loading your level again. This should prevent major data loss. Make sure to set your level name as soon as you can, otherwise this backup feature does not work.
- Added Pointan, that cute cursor from the trailer (and Mega Man 10 for that matter). He now replaces your cursor in the Level Builder and menus! You can disable him in the options menu, but you'd make Pointan very sad.
- Added an optional grid in the level builder.
- The level introduction screen is now skippable by pressing Jump or Start/Pause.
- You can now log out through Extras > Profile > Log out.
- You can also press Control + S in the editor to save your level.
- You can now decrease an object's number (e.g. that of Yoku Blocks or Count Bombs) by pressing the right mouse button.
- The "Log in" now displays "Log in instead" to make it more obvious that this is not the button to click for account creation.
- The background color palette in the settings category now better matches the colors used in actual backgrounds.
- "Got stuck on left" errors removed in favor of no camera boundaries. It may still look weird, but at least it doesn't crash the game.
- Shine and Nado now have 8-bit sound effects.
- Green Force Beams now have a custom draining sound effect.
- Tiles now only "attach" to section borders when that section isn't used. In other words, whether or not a section is connected doesn't have an impact on tiles anymore. This should fix a bug where some terrain isn't solid (levels created in previous builds may still have non-solid terrain, though).
- Whenever you create a new level, the default music is randomized; this should get rid of the overuse of the Cut Man theme.
- When the game fails to upload your level, it now asks you if you want to try again (previously it automatically re-tried up to five times, but people wanted to see this changed).
- Changed the way the Charge Kick Double Jump works. Previously, you had to switch weapons during the Charge Kick before being able to double jump; now, you can double jump regardless of whether you switch weapons or not, but you can only do so at the end of the slide. Mega Man flashes to indicate when you can double jump.
- Tutorial theme is Time Man instead of MM7 intro stage.
- The nado climbing glitch.
- Plant Barrier can absorb Fire Beam and Elec Beam "projectiles", whereas Star Crash and Skull Barrier get destroyed by them.
- Dying on the same frame a transition happens crashes the game (playerCameraInit error).
- Whenever you use Rush Jet while transitioning screens, if you switch off of the jet at any point during the transition, the game crashes.
- Enemy drops such as Weapon Energy persist after leaving a screen.
- Going through a Boss Door during the victory jingle crashes the game.
- Pressing Escape in the tutorial while placing an object, then selecting No will prevent you from placing anything.
- Enemies can still get hit while the game is paused.
- Mute does not get rid of the sound made by an E-Tank or M-Tank filling your health up.
- If you place both a boss and Party Ball]] in a level, then play the stage and beat it through the party ball, you can place another boss.
- Force Beams don't reset when switching sections.
- If you jump on the frame you land, you always do a full hop even if you let go of the jump button early.
- Sliding under a ceiling and trying to climb down a ladder forces you into the ceiling.
- If you Charge Kick under a ceiling you do not stop sliding even if you're in the air, sometimes preventing you from moving.
- If you load a level offline (build) then enter an ID online, it will display Edit instead of Play.
- Quick switch weapons on the same frame you pause, then unpause without moving in the menu -> use ammo from a different weapon.
- Collisions with Yoku Blocks are a bit glitchy.
-You can slide through spikes with Skull Barrier.
- If you perform a frame-perfect jump on spikes, you don't die.
- If you throw a weapon on ice, you stop immediately instead of sliding.
- You can't Charge Kick into Charge Kick blocks/barriers when standing a few pixels away from them.
-If you get hit into a spike, then wait until your invincibility runs out and walk into the spike, you don't die. -If you use Flash Stopper, then scroll a Count Bomb on screen, it won't be solid.