The Bunby Catcher is an enemy from Mega Man 9 that appears in Galaxy Man's and the third Wily stages. It was introduced in Mega Man Maker in version 1.7.0.
When placed, it will drop down from above the screen if the player is 1 tile or less next to its spawn point horizontally and will drag the player at high speeds if it catches them with its claw. The player cannot walk, slide, dash, or roll while they are being dragged, but can still jump or fire weapons. A Bunby Catcher will let go of the player if they die, or if it has dragged them for a while for a Bunby Catcher not set to drag the player infinitely. The player can also fire weapons to defeat a Bunby Catcher while it is dragging them. Screen nuke weapons such as Gravity Hold can also defeat a Bunby Catcher before it has spawned.
- January 26th, 2021 - Midas Magnezone and Danikah are trialled for wiki moderation.
- January 24th, 2021 - 1.7.2 is released.
- January 23rd, 2021 - Due to continuous major spambot attacks, account creation on the wiki is disabled.
- January 18th, 2021 - 184.108.40.206 is released.
- January 17th, 2021 - 1.7.1 is released. Difficulty options for online levels were also teased in the Discord server by Alex with a histogram of currently rated levels and six planned difficulty ranges: Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard, and Impossible.
- January 10th, 2021 - 1.7.0 is released.
- January 9th 2021 - 1.7.0's trailer was revealed early. The big features were Roll and the music changer.
- January 8th, 2021 - Strike Man was revealed for 1.7.0.
- January 7th, 2021 - Searchy was revealed to have a new variant that toggles On/Off Switches and a spawner for both variants in 1.7.0.
- January 6th, 2021 - ?-Tanks were revealed for 1.7.0.
- January 5th, 2021 - Key Doors were revealed to have an extra numbered variant that opens the doors when the sufficient number of Keys are collected.
- January 4th, 2021 - Hologran was revealed for 1.7.0.
- January 3rd, 2021 - 1.7.0's release date was announced to be January 10th. A live stream that will show the trailer for 1.7.0 a day before release and a Q&A with the developers was also announced for January 9th. Additionally, one new thing about the update will be revealed each day until the day of the live stream. As a result, Bass's theme from Mega Man 7 was and announced for the game as boss music and released to the public.