|Artwork of Metal Man from Mega Man 2|
DWN-009 Metal Man, is one of the Robot Masters from Mega Man 2 that is featured in Mega Man Maker.
Metal Man is a robot designed for combat, and serves to cause destruction and exact vengeance on Mega Man in the name of Dr. Wily. Utilizes his signature weapon, the Metal Blade, of which he will throw 1 to 3 of in a row, Metal Man is a acrobatic being of destruction that can slice enemies up while keeping his distance.
This robot was created by Dr. Wily.
Metal Man is a mostly red colored Robot with a partly covered face and a Metal Blade on his head. He Has yellow feet with orange knee guards and black pants. His torso includes a yellow power core with blue details surrounding it and his neck. He has two additional Metal Blades where his shoulders connect to the rest of his body. He has yellow arms and red hands.
Metal Man's AI reacts to shoot button inputs, similar to Crash Man, Skull Man, and Toad Man. Pressing the shoot button while Metal Man is on the ground will trigger him to jump straight up and throw his blades in one of three patterns:
- Grounded Shoot Reaction A: Small jump, throw one Metal Blade towards the player.
- Grounded Shoot Reaction B: Medium jump, throw two Metal Blades towards the player.
- Grounded Shoot Reaction C: Large jump, throw three Metal Blades towards the player.
If the player moves too close to Metal Man, he will attempt to jump to the opposite side of the screen, while throwing one Metal Blade at the player.
Standing still and not shooting for a long period of time will cause Metal Man to do a small jump and throw one Metal Blade towards the player.
Metal Man is unaffected by Conveyor Belts in Mega Man Maker, instead jogging in place on them, just as he did in Mega Man 2.
In Mega Man Maker selecting Metal Blade as Metal Man's primary weakness makes him to be defeated in one hit of Metal Blade, similar to normal mode. Otherwise, Metal Blade defeats him in two hits, similar to difficult mode. If the player character reflects one of Metal Man's own Metal Blade projectiles back at him through reflecting weapons or Proto Shield, the blade will defeat him in one hit regardless of what his weaknesses are set to.
- Metal Man's reaction to the Metal Blade is a reference to Mega Man 2, where Metal Man's own primary weakness was Metal Blade and could kill him in 1 hit if playing on normal mode.
- Metal Man is the only boss that can completely resist Conveyor Belts.
- Metal Man and Spring Man are the only Mega Man Maker bosses that can jump backwards (ignoring the fact that bosses turn around if the player goes past them).
- Metal Man, if standing on any Level Object (even when it is not the Conveyor Belt), will still do his jogging animation.