The Romper is an enemy from Mega Man 8 and Mega Man & Bass, appearing in Clown Man's stage in Mega Man 8 and Magic Man's stage in Mega Man & Bass. It was introduced to Mega Man Maker as of version 1.8.0.
The Romper is very small (around three-eighths of a tile, but is still 1x1 in the Level Builder) and walks forward at a slow pace. Once it makes contact with the player, it will latch onto them and drain either their health or weapon energy. If placed onto a ladder or weapon barrier in the Level Builder, it will hold onto it until the player gets close enough, at which point it will drop down.
Romper comes in four colors - red, green, yellow and blue.
- Red Romper will take small amount of health.
- Green Romper will take small amount of weapon energy.
- Yellow Romper will take big amount of health.
- Blue Romper will take big amount of weapon energy.
- Green Rompers originally stole the player's screws in Mega Man & Bass. However, as of 1.8.0 there are no screws, thus they instead take weapon energy.
- In Mega Man 8, when stealing the player's health, it is not visible as flying away from player. It is a reference to Mega Man & Bass where stolen screws are visible as flying away.
- The blue and yellow Romper variants were originally thought of as options for the red and green variants, but were added as their own assets for gameplay and color blindness purposes.