Mega Man Maker Forums
The Mega Man Maker Forums (usually abbreviated as the MMM Forums) are Mega Man Maker's official forums. They are a place where discussions regarding Mega Man Maker and other topics take place. It acts as an alternative to the Discord server. The Forums run in phpBB, a free software system for forums, and uses eeji's Flat style as a skin.
Forum Link: https://megamanmaker.com/forum/
The Mega Man Maker forums currently contains 4 sections with 13 forums and 1 subforum. The table below lists them.
|Mega Man Maker||Releases||Download and discuss releases of Mega Man Maker|
|Announcements||We post announcements about the game and its development here!|
|General discussion||General discussion of Mega Man Maker||Wiki discussion||Discuss your edits and propose your ideas for the Mega Man Maker Wiki and its pages here|
|Fan challenges||Post your own level contests here! We recommend accepting level submissions as replies to your thread.|
|Bug reports||Report bugs and glitches you found|
|Feedback and suggestions||Post feedback or suggestions for the game||Community feedback||Share feedback for the website, forums, Discord or wiki here.|
|Applications||Want to join the team? Check the application guidelines and see if we're hiring!|
|Mega Man Maker Mod Topics|
|Levels||Level showcase||Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot|
|Level design discussion||Discuss level design, whether in general or related to your levels|
|Off Topic||Mega Man discussion||Discuss anything related to Mega Man|
|Other games||Discuss non-Mega Man games. Mega Man fan games go here as well|
|General chat||Anything goes. The forum rules still apply here|
|Forum games||Play forum games. The forum rules still apply here|
|Funposting||Fecal Forgotten Factory||For those who are addicted to funposting.|
|Other||toilet||move bad topics here|
Note that the Funposting section is only available to users with an account while the Forum section is only available to those with moderation powers.
Administration & Roles
The Mega Man Maker forums currently has 6 roles, namely, Project leader, Administrators, Developers, Global Moderators, Beta testers and Pronto Man.
The members here are the ones listed under the Team section. Some memberships to roles may be outdated.
|User||Project leader||Administrators||Developers||Global moderators||Beta testers||Notes|
|BushBacon||Former global moderator|
|gaem0n||Former global moderator|
|Goldstorm||Former global moderator|
|iceman x fireman|
|Luigi||Former global moderator|
|MiniMacro||Former beta tester|
|User||Project leader||Administrators||Developers||Global moderators||Beta testers||Challenge Coordinator||Notes|
|Elevenstorms||His then membership to the development team was never reflected|
|MrKyurem||His collaboration as a former musician was not reflected|
The forum rules were posted on June 7, 2017 by WreckingPrograms. The thread appears in the Announcements category of all forums.
|This article was taken verbatim from another source.|
These rules are in effect in all forums, including General chat and Forum games. Breaking these rules can result in a warning, a temporary ban or a permanent ban, depending on the severity of the situation.
- 1) No illegal content
- Do not post any illegal content such as commercial ROMs. If you're unsure if what you're about to post is illegal, look up more information on the matter before posting it.
- 2) No NSFW
- Do not post any NSFW material, including but not limited to sexual or violent content. Referencing NSFW in a joking or non-serious matter is allowed as long as it doesn't go too far.
- 3) No spam or shitposting
- Do not flood-post, overuse emotes or post anything else that could be considered spam or shitposting. If you really like your shitposting or memes, please post them in the official Discord server or the Fecal Forgotten Factory.
- 4) Be nice
- Try to be nice to other forum users. Do not post hateful messages or attempt to troll other users.
- 5) No discrimination or racism
- Do not post any content that could be considered discrimination or racism. Think before you post to avoid any controversy.
- 6) Be mature
- Show general maturity. Use normal English whenever possible (dont typ liek dis) and do not purposely start arguments. The forums are English only.
- 7) One account per person
- Do not create duplicate accounts, whether to circumvent a ban or not. Your alt along with your main account will be banned.
- 8) No jumping ship
- Do not try to post in the forums purely to complain about your warn/ban on another one of our platforms or continue doing the things that got you warned or banned from those platform(s) in the first place.
These rules are subject to change at any given time.
Administrators and moderators reserve the right to warn or ban users for breaking these rules in any way. Please do not start unnecessary arguments with them if this happens to you, as this would likely only result in a higher warning or a longer ban.
The Challenges were started by Dolphin, who would organize the contests until he was banned on September 23rd, 2018. Assistant Aze was promoted to Coordinator and was the only member until V1ralGam3r joined before the Nature Wrath Challenge. On June 30th 2019, since both wanted to resign, Aze left the group while V1ralGam3r would remain the Challenge Coordinator until the end of the Level Creation Contest 2019. NotQuiteHere joined afterwards, but he was quickly demoted. On July 21, 2019, WreckingPrograms announced the end of the Challenges on the forums, removing the group as well.
- There is a retired role known as "Spanish Inquisition" that was briefly used on the forums as a joke.
- The role "real pronto man" is based on the Pronto Man meme that originated in the forums.
- WreckingPrograms. (June 7, 2017). "Forum rules". Mega Man Maker Forums. Retrieved July 15, 2020.