Tilesets are a category of placeable objects in Mega Man Maker. They are static, solid objects that are used to create terrain in levels. There are many different tilesets, but very few provide gameplay differences, with most of the different designs being for aesthetic purposes. As well as these, spikes and ladders are also considered tilesets, but once again, the different types don't have different functions.
List of Tilesets
Mega Man 1
Tilesets based off of levels from Mega Man 1.
|Name||Ingame Description||Special Attributes||Version Added|
|Cut Tile||Iconic, if only because 90 percent of Mega Man Maker levels use it.||1.0+|
|Guts Tile||Concrete flooring and walls surrounding sedimentary rock.||1.0+|
|Ice Tile||Now watch, and learn, here's the deal. You'll slip and slide on this, uh, ice.||This tileset provides ice physics to the player when stood on.||1.0+|
|Bomb Tile||Patterned aluminum sheets aren't very secure, but Bomb Man isn't about safety.||1.0+|
|Fire Tile||Solid steel pathways and walls.||1.0+|
|Elec Tile||In case all the lightning wasn't enough, we colored these tiles yellow.||1.0+|
|Time Tile||Purple bricks. Use them if you ever want to build a clock tower for some reason.||1.1+|
|Oil Tile||This sand is so precious it's protected by solid steel.||1.1+|
|Wily 1 Tile||Wily's first tileset. it hasn't aged too well.||1.1+|
|Wily 2 Tile||A slighty darker Wily 1 tile. Truly the most creative tileset.||1.4+|
|Wily 3 Tile||An incredibly simplified and worse-looking Oil tile.||1.4+|
|Wily 4 Tile||A blue version of the Wily 1 tile. He was probably pressed for time.||1.4+|
Mega Man 2
Tilesets based off of levels from Mega Man 2.
Mega Man 3
Tilesets based off of levels from Mega Man 3.
Mega Man 4
Tilesets based off of levels from Mega Man 4.
Mega Man 5
Tilesets based off of levels from Mega Man 5.
Mega Man 6
Tilesets based off of levels from Mega Man 6.
Mega Man 7
Tilesets based off of levels from Mega Man 7.
- Ice Man's tileset description is a reference to the Lazy Town song "We Are Number One", which became a meme in 2016. In a part of the song, Robbie Rotten, the villain and singer throws a banana with the intention of making Sportacus, the good guy, slip.
- Time Man's tileset description references his level being Clock Tower-themed.
- Freeze Man's tileset description references the flavor text that appears on the boss introduction screens in Rockman 7.
- Snake Man's tileset description references the Tunnel Snakes from the Fallout series.
- The descriptions of Wind Man's and Yamato Man's tilesets reference that both of them are the same, expect for a small change.
- Knight Man's tileset description references the fact his level is based on England.
- Quick Man's tileset description references Sonic The Hedgehog, a fast blue hedgehog starring in the same-named series.
- All the Mega Man 2 Wily tileset's descriptions reference the themes of the levels they are used at.
- The first tileset also references the hard ladder parts.
- The fourth tileset references the fact that in-game some of these tiles were fake.
- Tomahawk's tileset description also references the fact the original Mega Man 2 Wily 1 rock tiles have not been added yet.
- Skull Man's tileset jokes on the infamous Atari Jaguar.
- Spark Man's tileset jokes on Bitcoins.
- Spring Man's tileset jokes on Bouncy Castle from MaGMML2.
- Slash Man is the only Robot Master to have more than 1 tileset, and also not be Wily/Cossack/Dark Man to have this.