The Bunby Catcher is an enemy from Mega Man 9 that appears in Galaxy Man's and the third Wily stages. It was introduced in Mega Man Maker in version 1.7.0.
When placed, it will drop down from above the screen if the player is 1 tile or less next to its spawn point horizontally and will drag the player at high speeds if it catches them with its claw. The player cannot walk, slide, dash, or roll while they are being dragged, but can still jump or fire weapons. A Bunby Catcher will let go of the player if they die, or if it has dragged them for a while for a Bunby Catcher not set to drag the player infinitely. The player can also fire weapons to defeat a Bunby Catcher while it is dragging them. Screen nuke weapons such as Gravity Hold can also defeat a Bunby Catcher before it has spawned.
- July 15th, 2021 - Mega Man Maker has its fourth anniversary. Multiple assets from Mega Man & Bass including Dodonpa Cannon, Gori-Three, and Spread Drill alongside Targets are showcased to be added in 1.8.0.
- July 11th, 2021 - The wiki is rebooted and is undergoing restoration thanks to the help of the Wiki Strike Team.
- July 8th, 2021 - The wiki and the forums are shut down due to the server crashing. The r/MegaMakerOfficial subreddit is also officially announced as the alternative to the forums.
- June 19th, 2021 - Magic Card is revealed for 1.8.0 as the first major teaser. Mega Man & Bass content is also revealed.
- June 17th, 2021 - JumpDashEvade is hired as a server manager after a successful interview.
- June 13th, 2021 - Neo Cutman, Chombey and TheButcherKevin were accepted as beta testers while 40Nix, GamerFromTheWeb and DeltaMudkip were accepted as musicians.
- June 3rd, 2021 - Beta tester and musician applications are opened, and will close on June 10th, 2021.
- May 24th, 2021 - WreckingPrograms officially steps down as project leader with Luigi serving as the new project leader and Goldstorm as project co-leader.
- May 21st, 2021 - 1.7.5 is released by WreckingPrograms, adding the Magnetic Ceiling level object, a new example level Magnetic Interference by Objectionable, and bug fixes.
- May 17th, 2021 - Public account creation on the wiki is enabled once again.
- April 30th, 2021 - 22.214.171.124 is released by WreckingPrograms, fixing more bugs found in the previous versions.
- April 13th, 2021 - 126.96.36.199 is released by WreckingPrograms, fixing miscellaneous bugs found in the previous version.