Mega Man Maker Official Server
The Mega Man Maker Official Server is the official Discord group for Mega Man Maker. The Discord server was made for people to discuss the game and its development as well as have unrelated general conversations with other members of the community in real-time. Announcements about the game and the server are also posted in the #game_announcements and #server_announcements channels respectively.
For the game's development, there is a separate developer Discord server where staff members discuss and work on the game.
The first set of rules were posted in the #rules_and_faq channel by WreckingPrograms#2152 on June 24th, 2017. They were last updated on August 3rd, 2019.
- Do not make any major shitposts in #general. Take these to #shitposting instead.
- Be nice. Try not to be a jerk. Discrimination or racism will not be tolerated, including racial slurs or offensive symbols, and don't start drama or bring drama from another server here.
- No NSFW of any kind. Referencing NSFW in a joking manner is allowed as long as it doesn't go too far. (NSFW = Not Safe For Work, mostly used to refer to sexual or violent content)
- No spam. Meme spam in #shitposting is allowed, though (meme spam includes copypastas, different versions of the same meme, shitposting etc; spamming text, images, or emotes over and over again is not meme spam and is thus still against the rules, even in #shitposting. Exceptions can also be made at the staff’s discretion.)
- Don't ping me or the other developers unless truly necessary. The same goes for the moderators and other special roles.
- Don't invite bots to the server.
- Keep bot commands in the #bot channel. Use !help if you're unsure what these commands are.
- If you've been warned, leave it be, you will get unwarned after a period of proper behaviour. Do not attempt to be clever by rejoining the server; if we notice this, it may result in a ban. The same goes for the "not calm", "not suggestive" and "not helpful" roles.
- Light shitposting in #general is allowed, but don't take it too far. Keep (prolonged) shitposting in #shitposting .
- All channels are English-only.
- If you want a Smash/Pokémon/Mario Kart/Splatoon/Fightcade role, let us know.
- Do not advertise your own server or project without permission.
- Do not share illegal content. This includes ROMs.
- No jumping ship. Do not try to post in the Discord purely to complain about your warn/ban on another one of our platforms or continue doing the things that got you warned or banned from those platform(s) in the first place.
- Do not try to get information out of devs about content in an upcoming update. They will not tell you, it also distracts the devs and is annoying. You will find out with GIF's in the #announcements channel that the dev team give to you and when the update is released.
- Don't try to find loopholes in these rules and abuse them. Hiding knowledge of someone who has broken the rules may also result in punishment. We may enforce action for behaviors not expressly listed in these rules as we deem necessary and fair.
- Only one account per person. Don't join the server under an alt.
|Category||Channel||Description||Roles needed to post|
|Uncategorized||#rules_and_faq||The rules you'll have to follow in this server. Please read them carefully.
You can also find frequently asked questions here.
|#download||Download the latest version of Mega Man Maker here! You can also find this on https://megamanmaker.com/||
|#game_announcements||Here we'll make announcements for the game. This includes new features, changes and more.||
|#server_announcements||This channel is for announcements, changes, additions, etc. regarding the Mega Man Maker Discord (this) server.||
|#warning_log||If you warn, kick, ban, mute, or otherwise punish a member, post a log of that here. Do not discuss logs in this channel.||
|#log||ben shapiro owns uneducated liberals by posting their deleted messages||
|Community||#general||General discussion. Keep shitposting to a minimum.|
|#shitposting||Off topic. Server rules still apply here.|
|#gaming||General discussion of games as well as online matchmaking. Feel free to ask for a pingable role for Smash, Mario Kart, Pokémon, Splatoon or sonic heroes online. so you know when other members want to throw down.|
|#other_showcase||Showcase your own art, music, non-MMM streams or pretty much anything here! Levels go in #level_discussion and streams of MMM go in #streams|
|#streams||Share your streams of Mega Man Maker here! Streams of other games should go in #other_showcase. If you want the streamer role, please ping one of the moderators.||
|#wiki||For discussing the Mega Man Maker Wiki. (https://wiki.megamanmaker.com/index.php/Main_Page)|
|#bot||The place to use bot commands. Using bot commands in other channels without a solid reason is not allowed.|
|Mega Man Maker||#level_discussion||Showcase the levels you made in Mega Man Maker or discuss levels you found! Please provide the level ID, a short description and, if possible, some screenshots.|
|#feedback_suggestions||Share your feedback for the game or post any suggestions you have! Please only discuss suggestions in #feedback_discussion and read pinned messages.|
|#feedback_discussion||This channel is for talking about feedback or suggestions. Only elaborate on ideas posted in #feedback_suggestions or ideas you wish to post there.|
|#bug_reports||ONLY report bugs you found in the game. Please do not have discussions here, even when these discussions are related to bugs, to prevent burying the bug reports--if needed, discuss bugs in #help_support. Please read pinned messages before reporting bugs.
For guidelines for your bug report, see the first post in this thread: https://megamanmaker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6
|#help_support||Ask for help about Mega Man Maker here.|
|#nsf_replacements||Share custom music in .nsf format here. Please keep discussion elsewhere.||
|#nsf_discussion||NOT NSFW DISCUSSION. This channel is for discussing anything .nsf (Nintendo Sound Format)-related. You can also ask for .nsf files of songs.|
|Voice Channels||#voice||If you want to join a voice call but can't or don't want to talk yourself, you can post text messages here.|
|Archives||#general2||A second general channel for when the first becomes too messy.||
|#calm_room||No shitposts, normal conversations only. Shitposting here will get you excluded from this channel.|
|#tester_talk_archive||Archive for beta tester applicants.||
|mmmlcc_2017_archive||Discussion of the first official Mega Man Maker level contest goes here!
Main forum thread: https://megamanmaker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1953 Discussion forum thread: https://megamanmaker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1954
|#mmmlcc_2019_discussion_archive||General discussion of the contest. Questions go here. Don't forget to check the doc! http://tinyurl.com/MMMLCC-announced|
Level search bot
The level search bot is a Discord bot released on July 18th, 2017, for Mega Man Maker and its Discord server that provides information of the users and the levels. It was created by Mors and it is curated by him. The bot can find stats and information about levels and users, as well as give a "quick-play" direct link to a level. To keep to the theme of Mega Man, the level search bot takes the likeness of various Robot Masters on rotation. Discord moderators on the Mega Man Maker server can change the bot.
Level Search Bot's Commands
This is a table of all commands available with the level search bot. All descriptions are exactly as appears in the !help table of the bot. Commands to add roles to an user are not shown in the command list.
|Mega Maker Bot||!author||Shows information about creator of a level. You can enter a level ID, a search term, or the full name of the level.|
|!getlink||Gives you the instant play link of a level. You can enter a level ID, a search term, or the full name of the level.|
|!level||Shows information about a level. You can enter a level ID, a search term, or the full name of the level.|
|!newest||Shows information about the newest level.|
|!popular||Shows information about the currently most popular level.|
|!random||Shows information about a random level.|
|!stats||Shows the number of server members, in-game users, and levels.|
|!user||Shows information about a user. You can enter the full name of the user, or the user ID.|
|Fun||!8ball||Generic bot command that can be found in 90% of all Discord bots.|
|!coin||Tosses a virtual coin and shows the result.|
|!guess||Play a guessing game with the bot.|
|!rps||Play rock paper scissors against a robot master.|
|Leaderboard (Only works in Mega Man Maker Official Server)||!rank||Shows your ranking on the server.|
|!top||Shows top 10 most active users of the server.|
|Other||!avatar||Shows the user's avatar.|
|!help or !commands||Shows available commands.|
|!invite||Shows invite links of the bot and the server.|
|Gaming roles (Only works in Mega Man Maker Official Server)||!mariokart||Gives the Mario kart role.|
|!smashbros||Gives the Smash brother role.|
|!splatoon||Gives the Splatoon role.|
|!pokemon||Gives the Pokemon enslaver role.|
|!fortnite||Gives the Epic Fortnite player role.|
|!parsec||Gives the parsec player role.|
|!sonicheroesonline.||Gives the sonicheroesonline. role.|
- Level Search Bot initially had its own article on the wiki, but it was later merged with the "Mega Man Maker Official Server" when it was stated the articles both discussed similar Discord related content. The community voted 4:1 on the Mega Man Maker Forums to have the articles merged in this topic: https://megamanmaker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9717