|Artwork of Footholder from Mega Man 1.|
Footholders are special elevator platform robots considered enemies originally from Mega Man 1 which are featured in Mega Man Maker. Footholders will can be set to move from a starting location to and end location. They will slowly fly from point to point endlessly. The Player Character and gravity effected enemies can stand on top of them and ride them. They are not solid and can be jumped through from below, allowing for the ability to be easily jumped on with no risk of injury from collision. If a Footholder is off screen it will not despawn unlike most other enemies and similar level objects. The Player character also does not need to be in the room a Footholder is present in for it to move.
Footholders are one of few enemies where selecting an alternate color pallet changes how the enemy functions. They have two colors, orange and green. If a Footholder is orange it will act normal simply flying around. If a Foorholder is green, it will act the same but will now fire out small projectiles straight out of its sides every few seconds. These shots can damage the Player and makes mounting them potentially more difficult. This did not happen in their original appearance, where Footholders fired the projectiles from their sides regardless of their color.
- Footholders are currently the only enemies in Mega Man Maker that are completely invincible.
- Mega Man 7 features a redesigned and upgraded version of the Footholder called a Properide.
- Footholders originally needed to be on screen and in the same room as the Player to move properly. This would sometimes result in them getting stuck off screen and make levels impossible to complete. It was later patched in a following update, however this had the unfortunate consequence of breaking some early levels that expected the Footholders to be at their starting points when the Player entered the room, leading to some instances of people falling to their deaths in certain situations.
- Although invincible in all other appearances, Mega Man Powered Up allows the player to destroy Footholders with strong attacks.
- If several Footholders are placed next to each other to form a long moving platform, sliding and in some rare instances pausing the game will cause the player character to clip through them and fall down off them, potentially resulting in their death.