Jump to navigation Jump to search
The boss splits itself in blobs that go from a side to another. Yellow Devil can be set to have its eye static or randomly appear in its body, to shoot or not to shoot, or how many bullets he shoots.
- If the Mega Man 1 intro is selected, the Yellow Devil will fly in from the side of the screen in a pattern, stopping when he reaches his position in the editor. Getting hit by the pieces will cause the player to take damage.
- If the Mega Man Maker intro is selected, it will instead form from the top of the screen. Note that while this will normally happen apart from the player, if the player has free movement from exiting a teleporter, this can still damage them. This does not happen if the player is frozen in place.
- After forming, the Yellow Devil will open his eye and fire projectiles at the player. The position will either be random or in a set location depending on what is selected in the editor. This eye is the only weak point of the boss, and must be hit to deal damage. The Yellow Devil will fire between one and nine projectiles depending on its settings.
- Once the Yellow Devil has fired his projectiles, he will close his eye and split apart piece by piece. The pattern for the split is always the same, and can be learned to effectively avoid it. Each piece will move to a position set in the editor. Getting hit by any piece will deal damage. Once he has reformed, he will open his eye and continue his attacking pattern.
- According to Luigi in the 1.8 reveal livestream, Yellow Devil had to be programmed twice due to an error occurring while saving its files.
- The Yellow Devil has a grayed-out option when used in the editor for alternate attack patterns. According to the devs, this was for alternate patterns during his splitting phase that wasn't finished in time for 1.8's release.
- The Mega Man Maker pattern for Yellow Devil's intro is similar to how he appears on the Wily Castle stage in Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate.
|Mega Man 1|
|Weapons||Mega Buster • Rolling Cutter • Super Arm • Ice Slasher • Hyper Bomb • Fire Storm • Thunder Beam • Magnet Beam|
|Enemies||Met • Octopus Battery • Beak • Picket Man • Screw Bomber • Big Eye • Spine • Crazy Razy • Watcher • Killer Bullet • Tackle Fire • Flying Shell • Footholder|
|Level Objects||Fire Beam • Elec Beam • Flame Pillar • Super Arm Block • Fire Wave Spawner|
|Bosses||Cut Man • Ice Man • Bomb Man • Fire Man • Yellow Devil|
|Other Pages||Tilesets • Backgrounds • Music|