|Rockman Complete Works Artwork of Bomb Man from Mega Man 1|
DLN-006/DRN-006 Bomb Man, Is one of the main bosses from Mega Man 1 that is featured in Mega Man Maker since version 1.0.0. Bomb Man is a demolition and land development Robot Master, with an expertise with explosives. His signature weapon is the Hyper Bomb, a powerful sphere-shaped bomb.
His head, arms, and legs are yellow and orange. His main body is black with orange-red armor around his neck and down his back. He has a mohawk-like design on his head. He is usually seen holding a large dark colored sphere-shaped bomb.
When Bomb Man lands on something resembling solid ground and is far enough away from the player (greater than one tile gap between the player and Bomb Man), he will throw a Hyper Bomb in the player's direction. After that, he will do one of the following behaviors:
- Far Behavior A: One medium jump towards the player.
- Far Behavior B: One medium jump away from the player.
- Far Behavior C: One large jump towards the player.
When Bomb Man lands on something resembling solid ground and is close to the player (one tile gap or smaller between the player and Bomb Man), Bomb Man will do one of the following behaviors:
- Close Behavior A: One small jump towards the player.
- Close Behavior B: One large jump away from the player.
Bomb Man will cancel his Hyper Bomb throwing animation early if the player gets too close, and will respond with either "Close Behavior A or B" as listed above. If cancelled fast enough, Bomb Man will not throw a Hyper Bomb.
Bomb Man will occasionally use "Far Behavior A or B" to better position himself, so that "Far Behavior C" will make Bomb Man more accurately land on top of the player.
Unlike the player's version of the Hyper Bomb, this version has the bomb explodes just after falling and hitting something resembling a floor, wall or ceiling.
- Bomb Man's throwing range for Hyper Bombs is infinite. This means it is possible for Bomb Man to throw a Hyper Bomb so far, that it can hit a player 49 screens away horizontally from the screen Bomb Man is currently on, assuming smooth scrolling is used and nothing is blocking the path of the thrown Hyper Bombs.
- After a certain amount of screens distance between Bomb Man and the player, Bomb Man's Hyper Bombs will be moving so fast and at such sharp angles, that the Hyper Bomb's collision detection will become wonky, occasionally completely phasing through the player and leaving them unharmed. This may be caused by the Hyper Bomb moving too fast for Mega Man Maker to accurately auto-update the projectile's location and collision detection.
- Due to how their AI functions, Bomb Man, Toad Man, and Stone Man can be manipulated into never attacking using their signature weapons, if the player never triggers the required conditions for those attacks to occur.
- Bomb Man's case being demonstrated here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMxY8Fz09Oc&t=275s
|Content from Mega Man 1|
|Cut Man • Bomb Man • Ice Man|
|Met • Octopus Battery • Beak • Picket Man • Screw Bomber • Killer Bullet • Killer Bullet Spawner • Crazy Razy • Big Eye • Flying Shell • Flying Shell Spawner • Spine • Watcher • Tackle Fire • Footholder|
|Rolling Cutter • Thunder Beam • Fire Storm • Ice Slasher • Hyper Bomb • Super Arm • Magnet Beam|
|Yoku Block • Fire Beam • Elec Beam • Flame Pillar • Super Arm Block|