|All three types of beam, while active.|
Force Beams are large lasers that debuted in Quick Man's stage in Mega Man 2. They travel across the screen until hitting a terrain tile or a level object that acts like terrain, damaging the player if they come into contact with them. The delay between when they are loaded, when they activate and their direction can be adjusted in the Level Builder. Formerly it could only be aimed left and right, but since 1.4.0 their direction can also be set to go up or down. The time of activation can go from 1 to 9.
Force Beams come in three varieties: Green, Yellow and Red, in order of lethality.
Green Force Beams
- Does constant damage over time to the player as long as the player keeps touching it.
- Does not cause knockback and invincibilty frames to the player when they take damage from it.
Yellow Force Beams
- Does 7 damage to the player on contact.
- Does causes knockback and invincibilty frames to the player when they take damage from it.
Red Force Beams
- Kills the player on contact.
The only way to despawn and reset an activated Force Beam is going to a disconnected screen.
It is possible for the player character to pass through Force Beams unharmed if they are under the effects of invincibility frames, including taking damage under certain conditions, or using Charge Kick. The Force Beams on the original Quick Man stage in Mega Man 2 were yellow and immediately lethal. The distinction of different colors and functionalities are original to Mega Man Maker.
- Until version 1.4.2, the description for Yellow Force Beam stated that they did 8 damage, although they actually do 7. That was corrected in 1.5.0.
- The continuous damage effect caused by Green Force Beams is unaffected by the ability Double Damage.
- In the changelogs for various Mega Man Maker versions, Force Beams are commonly mistakenly referred to as Quick Lasers.