A Bokazurah is a pitcher plant-like robot that fires three arcing ball projectiles one by one at the player's position when shot at. These projectiles can destroy a Bokazurah Block. The two assets are level objects that appear in Hornet Man's stage in Mega Man 9 and were added to Mega Man Maker in version 1.5.0.
|A Bokazurah in Mega Man Maker|
A Bokazurah is a 2x3 stationary level object that is indifferent to the player character until provoked by their weapons.
When provoked, a Bokazurah fires three arcing ball projectiles at the player's position. These projectiles can destroy Bokazurah Blocks, which can be helpful in puzzles. The ball projectiles can be destroyed with most weapons: the Proto Shield and reflectable weapons such as the Shine and Mirror Buster and can reflect the projectiles and can provoke a Bokzaurah as well. A Bokazurah can be triggered again after it has finished firing its set of three projectiles.
Its interactions with the player character are similar to those of terrain. They are affected by gravity and Springs, though Conveyor Belts cannot push them and vertically moving platforms cannot carry them over a distance. They will also crush and destroy the player character, enemies and bosses affected by gravity (the latter of which that are not in their introduction phase) if any of them happen to be underneath a Bokazurah. A Bokazurah's tail is not solid; hence, an asset can be placed in the tail area in the Level Builder and can be passed through in gameplay.
|Bokazurah Blocks in Mega Man Maker|
Bokazurah Blocks are 1x1 blocks that act like solid terrain and can be dragged in the Level Builder like most level objects.
The Bokazurah's cannonballs are the only thing that can destroy Bokazurah Blocks: one cannonball is enough to destroy a block. No weapon is able to destroy the blocks (nor projectiles reflected by the Shine, Proto Shield, or Mirror Buster), while Rolling Drills will pass through them.
- A Bokazurah will not get onto a vertically moving platform such as a Footholder moving upwards from directly below it if it is already on solid terrain, though it will ride a Footholder moving upwards if it spawns falling onto one.
- When a Bokazurah is on a vertically downward moving platform such as a Cossack Platform that starts moving up again, it will fall through the platform.
- Bokazurah Blocks at the edge of a screen can sometimes despawn and disappear completely. However, they reappear if the player goes off-screen and back on the screen the despawned Bokazurah Block(s) were on.
- This is likely because, like most level objects, Bokzaurah Blocks are loaded in when they are fully on screen, resulting in empty gaps when not fully loaded in.
- Nikirol. (May 31, 2020). "Mega Man Maker - Bokazurah Block bug (version 1.6.3)". YouTube. Retrieved July 18, 2020.
|Content from Mega Man 9|
|Concrete Man • Tornado Man|
|Petit Devil • Caricarry • Bombomboy • Flower Presenter • Fire Totem • Okosutobon • Diarn • Hoohoo • Hoohoo Spawner • Kakinbatank • Adamski • Nombrellan • Nombrellan Spawner • Sakrets|
|Concrete Shot • Jewel Satellite • Hornet Chaser • Laser Trident • Magma Bazooka • Black Hole Bomb • Tornado Blow|
|Teleporter • Magma Beam Generator • Rain • Bokazurah • Bokazurah Block • Illusian • Illusian Block|