|Artwork of a Big Fish from Mega Man 2|
For the beta tester named after this enemy, see Big Fish (beta tester).
Big Fish is an enemy originally appearing in the third Wily stage from Mega Man 2. As it name indicates, it is a robotic fish with a big size. When the player character is close to it, it flies up from pits, then falls down ignoring terrain collision. Quick Boomerang and Crash Bomber are capable of destroying it in one hit. Other weapons that can damage it, like Flash Stopper or Needle Cannon, can only defeat it if they manage to deplete its HP before it falls again. After being attacked with weak projectiles that damage it, the Big Fish has some invincibility frames. Despite being immune or resistent to most projectiles, it can be defeated by the Fire Wall.
In the Level Builder, the Big Fish is put in the maximum height it is meant to reach. Big Fish's main skin is an 8-bit recreation of its Mega Man: The Wily Wars sprite, while a skin with its original appearance in Mega Man 2 was added in 1.6.2.
- The Big Fish was originally meant to be a developer-only enemy. However, WreckingPrograms secretly added Big Fish to the game because the former staff member MrKyurem hated the enemy.
- Leading up to the release of version 1.6.0, an #update_hype channel was created and temporarily opened in the Mega Man Maker Official Server for users to share excitement regarding the release of the major versions. On February 22, 2020, the day of release of version 1.6.0, a meme of Big Fish was posted several times by many users in the channel; thus, resulting in the enemy again becoming a community meme after 1.6.0's release.
- SnoruntPyro led WreckingPrograms to make Big Fish be carried over by Crash Lift platforms or Rotating Platforms.
- If objects similar to the Falling Platform are placed just right where Big Fish's path ends under it, it can destroy it without any weapon.
- Prior to 1.6.3, a Big Fish would be immune to its weaknesses when frozen by Ice Slasher.