|Artwork of a Crazy Razy from Mega Man 1|
The Crazy Razy is a green somewhat-humanoid guard robot that primarily appears in Ice Man's stage from Mega Man 1 and Mega Man Powered Up and was introduced into Mega Man Maker as of its 1.1.0 version.
When a Crazy Razy is spawned, it constantly walks forward, reversing direction only if it collides with a wall. While walking, they will fire out a single small projectile horizontally forward at regular intervals. Additionally, a Crazy Razy has the ability to separate the upper part of its body from its lower half, which it will do if the lower portion is damaged or needs to be discarded.
When its legs are destroyed, the Crazy Razy's upper half will detach and somehow become airborne where it will then begin to chase the player. The upper half will also detach if it and the player cross paths and they are walking in opposite directions, leaving the legs behind to continue walking for a few seconds before destroying themselves. If the upper half is destroyed while still attached to the legs, the legs will be destroyed as well.
While airborne, a Crazy Razy will be locked at a set max height after it detaches. At this point, it will dive at the Player Character in a V shaped path no matter how far below them they are so long as they are both still on the same screen. They can not however ascend higher, allowing the Player Character to easily avoid contact should they find any high-ground nearby. An airborne Crazy Razy head ignores terrain collision.
Crazy Razy can be set to walk left or right by default in the Level Builder.
- This enemy is one of the few enemies, if not the only, that is destroyed when shot with the weapon Ice Slasher. This however only happens if the Crazy Razy hit by the weapon still has its legs, as those that are airborne can be frozen like normal for unknown reasons.
- The way that Crazy Razy acts after detaching from its legs is practically identical to how the Blader/Bunby Heli enemy acts. As this enemy was also in Mega Man 1, it is possible this was the result of recycling code from one of the enemies to make the other.
- In Mega Man 1 a Crazy Razy was worth 500 points.
- In Mega Man Powered Up Crazy Razy are shown to deploy a propeller from their head when they separate from their legs. This was not however show in the original Mega Man 1, giving no explanation at the time as to how they were able to suddenly fly.
- If the Player Character manages to get above a Crazy Razy's max height it will begin to vibrate rapidly as it attempts to ascend but forces itself back down.