|Artwork of Bubukan from Mega Man 3.|
Bubukan is a spring robot holding a pole. It was originally designed by Dr. Light to participate in the Robot Olympics in the pole vault competition, but was repurposed by Dr. Wily for combat. They are enemies that originate from Mega Man 3 from various stages.
When Bubukan is spawned, it will attempt to dash at the player, holding its pole in front of itself to deflect most projectile fired at it. If it collides with a wall, it will reverse direction and keep dashing.
If Bubukan comes within 3.5 tiles of the player horizontally, it will use its pole to jump into the air to attempt to land on the player, it also drops the pole in the process making it more vulnerable to attacks.
When Bubukan lands after jumping, it will dash in the opposite direction it was dashing before jumping. If it collides with a wall, it will reverse direction and keep dashing.
- Bubukan also appears in Mega Man: The Wily Wars.
- A variant of Bubukan without its pole, referred to as Bubukan MK-II, appears in Mega Man III / Rockman World 3.
- Originally, in Mega Man 3, Bubukan's AI made it try to land behind the player after jumping, but in Mega Man Maker, its AI is changed to make it try to land on top of the player after jumping.
- Originally, in Mega Man 3, Bubukan had 4 HP, but in Mega Man Maker, only has 3 HP.
- Under certain conditions, Bubukan can jump-cancel over up to 5 tile high walls it should normally bounce off of.