|Artwork of Hard Man from Rockman Complete Works|
DLWN-020/DRWN-020/DWN-020 Hard Man is one of the 8 Robot Masters from Mega Man 3 featured in Mega Man Maker since version 1.2.0 He was built by both Dr. Light and Dr. Wily. He was one of 8 Robot Masters assigned to travel to different mining planets to gather Energy Elements and other materials to finish building the peace-keeping robot Gamma. He's equipped with his signature weapon, the Hard Knuckle.
He later reappered during events of Mega Man II where he and three other MM3 robots were guarding Quint's room.
Hard Man only has two attacks; his first attack is to fire two Hard Knuckles that will change direction once if the player character gets around them. His second attack is to jump high into the air and slam headfirst into the ground, completely immobilizing and disabling the player's actions briefly, regardless if the player is on the ground or in the air. Sometimes, he doesn't dive into terrain while doing his high jump, so he doesn't stun the player character.
His Hard Knuckles come out fast and stop on a dime before coming back at the player character for a second attempt at their life. Spotting when Hard Man will jump and fall and reacting quickly allows the player to avoid getting pinned under him which could cause not one, but two contact damage hits. During the stun, Hard Man can be vulnerable to attacks that damage constantly, like the Flame Sword if he is not immune to that weapon.
- If the player is flashing when they are stunned by Hard Man, their flashing will pause until unstunned.
- Sometimes under certain layout circumstances, Hard Man won't try to stun the player during his jump and will essentially perform a quick jump.
- The player can still be moved by various level Objects and enemies, such as Magnets, Conveyor Belts, Mag Flies, and Fan Fiends, when stunned by Hard Man's diving headbutt.
- Although left in Mega Man Maker intentionally for authenticity, Hard Man's ability to stun the player even when they are in the air is the result of Mega Man 3 being rushed when made. The move was most likely meant to work similar to, if not identical to Guts Man's stunning slam in Mega Man 1 but became what it was to save time.
- Hard Man's Hard Knuckles will despawn if they travel off-screen. If Hard Man is off-screen when firing his Hard Knuckles, they will despawn the instant he shoots them, due to the Hard Knuckles already being off-screen. This Hard Knuckle despawning behaviour is carried over from Hard Man's source game, Mega Man 3.