|Artwork of Plant Man from Mega Man 6|
Plant Man is a colorful plant looking robot master. His main body, shoulders, forearms, and forelegs are blue, with vines wrapped around the limbs. The soft portions of his arms and legs are a black color. The tips of his feet and hands are green. His feet and buster feature minor red details along with a golden muzzle on the tip of his buster. His shoulders are covered by large leaf-like shoulder pads. His helmet is is a golden yellow with a blue triangle in the middle. The helmet is also surrounded by four large red petals with yellow spots on them.
Plant Man will usually run across the room in short busts, charging at the player. After running for that brief period, he will activate his Plant Barrier and jump high up into the air in a direction. If he hits a wall while in the air, he will bounce off it in the opposite direction while still maintaining the same momentum. Once he lands he will stop and immediately raise his hands and fire off his Plant Barrier in the Player's direction, but much slower. After a short pause, Plant Man will then start his pattern from the beginning.
- Plant Man was originally a caretaker and mascot of a botanical garden before participating in Mega Man 6's world championship. This connection to plants also makes him especially weak to environmental change, hence his weaknesses to Fire and Ice weapons.
- In the Archie Comics, Plant Man has an alternate ID number, DAN-001. This number is explained to be his original ID before being modified by Mr. X in Mega Man 6. His original creator is show to be a man named Dr. Pedro Astil.
- The robot masters of Mega Man 6 are all believed to represent different countries. Plant Man is believed to represent Brazil.
- Despite supposedly representing Brazil, Plant Man's appearance seems to be based on the Rafflesia flower, which is South African.
- In Mega Man Maker, the player can fire small weapon projectiles into the gaps of space between the petals that make up Plant Man's Plant Barrier, allowing the player to still deal damage if they are accurate enough and have specific weapons.