|Artwork of an Octopus Battery from Mega Man 1|
Octopus Batteries (also known as Octo Batteries or Adhering Suzys) are small one-eyed robots that originate from various stages in Mega Man 1 and debuted in version 1.0.0 of Mega Man Maker. Octopus Batteries have the ability to adhere themselves to solid surfaces, fly from wall to wall, and function like barricades when placed in groups.
When spawned, an Octopus Battery will stay in place for a short period of time with its eye closed, after which it will open it and move in a specific direction. Their default movement direction can be set to be up, down, left, or right in Mega Man Maker's Level Builder.
If an Octopus Battery flies off-screen while moving it will despawn. If it flies into something resembling a wall, ceiling, or floor, it will stay in place for a short period of time with its eye closed, after which it will open it and move in the opposite direction it was traveling prior.
They are also weak to Rolling Cutter, Fire Storm and Thunder Beam, weapons that despite their power can destroy them in just one hit.
- In Mega Man 1, Octopus Batteries were worth 300 points each.
- Octopus Batteries also appear in the games Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge / Rockman World, Mega Man: The Wily Wars, and Mega Man Powered Up.
- A giant version of the Octopus Battery called Giant Suzy is encountered in Mega Man III as a miniboss in Wily's fortress, specifically after beating the first 4 robot masters of the game.
- Another version of the Octopus Battery enemy type is called the Hunter and is encountered several times in the Wily battleship stages of Mega Man IV on Gameboy as sub bosses.
- Other variants of the Octopus Battery/Adhearing Suzy enemy type include Suzy G from Mega Man 5 which would move up and down corresponding with shifts in gravity, and R Suzy from Mega Man 10 which act and appear similar to the traditional version but with darker colors and a slightly larger eye.