|Rockman Complete Works Artwork of Knight Man from Mega Man 6|
DWN-044 Knight Man, is one of the 8 Robot Masters from Mega Man 6 that are featured in Mega Man Maker. Knight Man was included in version 1.0.0 of Mega Man Maker. Built to resemble the European knights of old days, Knight Man attacks with his built-in Morningstar, the Knight Crusher, while defending with a shield.
Designed for combat, Knight Man is a veteran combatant and victor of over 1000 robot duels prior to the events of Mega Man 6. He was hijacked and reprogrammed during the First Annual Robot Tournament where he would be forced to fight Mega Man.
Knight Man is a mostly blue robot styled to resemble a medieval knight. His legs are mostly blue with white knee guards, and uniquely segmented chrome feet. His shoulders and arms are also blue, with his right arm ending in a white hand which he holds his Knight Shield with. The other ends in a chrome muzzle where his Knight Crusher sits, linked together by an extendable and retractable chain. His shoulders have white and green accents and details, along with single large metallic chrome spikes on top of each. His soft armor is a dark black or grey, along with the majority of his fact. His torso is blue with a large yellow star burst-like section on the front with a small pink power core in the center. His upper and lower bodies are linked by an orange belt with several additional blue segments with yellow details on them. His helmet is blue with a large section of the face exposed like a knight's helmet that is outlined in yellow. The helmet also has a white mohawk-like accent on top. His eyes are sharp, and red.
Knight Man has a choice of three movements that he will choose at random: he can choose to walk towards the player character, jump in the direction of the player, or fire a Knight Crusher where the player was standing. When Knight Crusher is fired, it will attempt to travel towards the player's location, pause for a few seconds, then return to Knight Man. Knight Man can fire Knight Crusher both horizontally towards the player, if both him and the player are on the same Y coordinate, and diagonally upwards towards the player up to approximately an 80 degree angle if the player is at a Y coordinate higher than Knight Man. However, Knight Man can not fire Knight Crusher diagonally downwards at all, instead firing completely horizontally if the player is at a Y coordinate lower than Knight Man. When Knight Crusher is not being fired by Knight Man, he will have his Knight Shield raised in front of him. The Knight Shield can deflect any projectiles fired at it, making making it difficult to hit Knight Man straight-on.
Knight Man requires a bit more strategy when it come to fighting him, and simple brute force will just result in a waste of weapon energy. Because Knight Man's shield can deflect projectiles while it's in front of him, he is not vulnerable to head-on attacks and since he will always face the player hitting him from behind if unlikely. However, when jumping or firing his Knight Crusher Knight Man will expose himself, allowing for easy direct hits if timed correctly. Hitting him in these states is the best option to do damage to him, though alternatively weapons that can't be deflected such those that leave and explosion or after effect can bypass the Knight Shield if not shot directly at Knight Man. Melee-type weapons such as Charge Kick, Top Spin, and Shine are also very effective as they too can't be deflected like projectiles and can make contact with Knight Man's unprotected areas.
- Knight Man holds one of the B.E.A.T. parts in Mega Man 6, and thus has two different boss arenas in his stage.
- Knight Man's knight-like appearance implies that he may represent the country England, though this isn't confirmed and it is theorized by some that he may actually come from Germany due to the appearance of his Knight Crusher among other details.
- If the player and Knight Man are on the same X coordinate, Knight Man will immediately cancel his Knight Crusher "attack start" animation, into his "attack end" animation, when he uses it. Due to the Knight Crusher projectile not moving and still overlapping Knight Man's hitbox, there is no pause before the projectile returns to Knight Man, and the attack immediately cancels without delay, making him appear visually as if he is using a quick short range melee attack.
- Knight Man's description is an in-joke from the credits of the fangame Mega Man: Rock Force in which there is a scene of him performing in a stage play with one of the game's fan-made robot masters, Charade Man. Plant Man proceeds to say that he did not think Knight Man had it in him.
- If his Knight Crusher projectile is despawned due to a shield weapon or by missing Knight Man on return, the boss will be briefly stuck in his attack state, vulnerable to damage, until eventually returning to his normal behaviour patterns.
- If Knight Man is placed an area where either, space between floor and ceiling is just barely enough to fit Knight Man, space between one wall and another wall is just barely enough to fit Knight Man, or both, Knight Man's jumps will likely cause him to clip through solid tiles and level objects in strange ways.
- If The Double Boss glitch is used in versions of Mega Man Maker prior to 1.5.0 to put 2 Knight Men in a boss room, when one fires its Knight Crusher projectile, it will sometimes return to the other Knight Man instead of the one it was thrown by. Similar happens to Cut Man with his Rolling Cutter.
Knight Man's official artwork from Mega Man 6
|Content from Mega Man 6|
|Wind Man • Flame Man • Knight Man • Plant Man • Yamato Man|
|Colton • Shield Attacker GTR • Fire Telly • Au-Au • Ben K • Cannopeller • Twin Roader • Brain Break • Katonbyon • Curlinger • SRU-21/P • Gabgyo • Pooker • Cyber Gabyoall • Yaffu • Squidon • Skull Walker • Hotchkiss'n • Molier • Submarine Flier • Propeller Eye • Brown|
|Blizzard Attack • Wind Storm • Flame Blast • Silver Tomahawk • Knight Crusher • Yamato Spear • Plant Barrier • Centaur Flash • Power Adaptor • Jet Adaptor|
|Count Bomb • Spring • Flip Platform • Oil • Fan • Plantform • Spike Platform • Ice Wall • Push Block • Cracked Block|