|Artwork of Knight Man from Rockman Complete Works|
He was designed as fighting robot and took place in many fights, winning them. Later he took part in the first annual robot tournament, but during events of Mega Man 6, he was reprogrammed by Mr. X and used for his evil plans. He was later beaten by Mega Man.
Knight Man has a choice of three movements that he will choose at random: he can choose to walk towards the player character, jump in the direction of the player, or fire a Knight Crusher where the player was standing. When Knight Crusher is fired, it will attempt to travel towards the player's location, pause for a few seconds, then return to Knight Man. Knight Man can fire Knight Crusher both horizontally towards the player, if both him and the player are on the same Y coordinate, and diagonally upwards towards the player up to approximately an 80 degree angle if the player is at a Y coordinate higher than Knight Man. However, Knight Man can not fire Knight Crusher diagonally downwards at all, instead firing completely horizontally if the player is at a Y coordinate lower than Knight Man. When Knight Crusher is not being fired by Knight Man, he will have his Knight Shield raised in front of him. The Knight Shield can deflect any projectiles fired at it, making making it difficult to hit Knight Man straight-on.
Knight Man requires a bit more strategy when it come to fighting him, and simple brute force will just result in a waste of weapon energy. Because Knight Man's shield can deflect projectiles while it's in front of him, he is not vulnerable to head-on attacks and since he will always face the player hitting him from behind if unlikely. However, when jumping or firing his Knight Crusher Knight Man will expose himself, allowing for easy direct hits if timed correctly. Hitting him in these states is the best option to do damage to him, though alternatively weapons that can't be deflected such those that leave and explosion or after effect can bypass the Knight Shield if not shot directly at Knight Man. Melee-type weapons such as Charge Kick, Top Spin, and Shine are also very effective as they too can't be deflected like projectiles and can make contact with Knight Man's unprotected areas.
- If his Knight Crusher projectile is despawned due to a shield weapon or by missing Knight Man on return, the boss will be briefly stuck in his attack state, vulnerable to damage, until eventually returning to his normal behaviour patterns.
- If Knight Man is placed an area where either, space between floor and ceiling is just barely enough to fit Knight Man, space between one wall and another wall is just barely enough to fit Knight Man, or both, Knight Man's jumps will likely cause him to clip through solid tiles and level objects in strange ways.
- If The Double Boss glitch is used in versions of Mega Man Maker prior to 1.5.0 to put 2 Knight Men in a boss room, when one fires its Knight Crusher projectile, it will sometimes return to the other Knight Man instead of the one it was thrown by. Similar happens to Cut Man with his Rolling Cutter.
- In Mega Man 6, Knight Man is one of four robot masters that are holding one of the B.E.A.T. parts, and thus has two different boss arenas in his stage.
- Knight Man's knight-like appearance implies that he may represent the country England, though this isn't confirmed and it is theorized by some that he may actually come from Germany due to the appearance of his Knight Crusher among other details.
- If the player and Knight Man are on the same X coordinate, Knight Man will immediately cancel his Knight Crusher "attack start" animation, into his "attack end" animation, when he uses it. Due to the Knight Crusher projectile not moving and still overlapping Knight Man's hitbox, there is no pause before the projectile returns to Knight Man, and the attack immediately cancels without delay, making him appear visually as if he is using a quick short range melee attack.
- Knight Man's description is an in-joke from the credits of the fangame Mega Man: Rock Force in which there is a scene of him performing in a stage play with one of the game's fan-made robot masters, Charade Man. Plant Man proceeds to say that he did not think Knight Man had it in him.
|Mega Man 6|
|Weapons||Mega Buster • Blizzard Attack • Wind Storm • Flame Blast • Silver Tomahawk • Knight Crusher • Yamato Spear • Plant Barrier • Centaur Flash • Jet Adaptor • Power Adaptor|
|Enemies||Colton • Shield Attacker • Fire Telly • Au Au • Ben K • Cannopeller • Twin Roader • Brain Break • Katonbyon • Curlinger • SRU-21/P • Gabgyo • Pooker • Cyber Gabyoall • Yaffu • Hotchkiss'n • Molier • Submarine Flier • Propeller Eye • Skull Walker • Brown • Squidon|
|Level Objects||Spring • Flip Platform • Cracked Block • Push Block • Oil • Fan • Plantform • Spike Platform • Ice Barrier|
|Bosses||Wind Man • Flame Man • Knight Man • Yamato Man • Plant Man • Wily Machine 6|
|Other Pages||Tilesets • Backgrounds • Music|