Mach Tornado, referred to as Nado in Mega Man Maker, is the signature attack of Meta Knight from the Super Smash Bros. series. It was added as a weapon in version 1.0.0 of Mega Man Maker.
When activated, the player spins at mach speed, creating a large tornado that allows the user to move around in the air. While the tornado is active, the user is impervious to damage from enemies (but not enemy projectiles) and can crash through them while dealing damage. If the user holds the fire button, they will go higher into the air. The tornado only lasts for a short period of time, at the end of which it will dissipate and the user will drop.
- Before Mega Man Maker was publicly announced, WreckingPrograms showcased the Mach Tornado in a video on his YouTube channel.
- The description for Nado is derived from Meta Knight's notoriety for being overpowered in the video game Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- The player character's spinning sprites when using the Nado are the same as the sprites when using Top Spin.
- Prior to version 220.127.116.11, the player could only rapidly press the fire button to ascend with the Nado. The ability to hold down the fire button to continuously gain height was added in the version.
- The Shine weapon also originates from the Super Smash Bros. series and was added alongside the Nado as a cameo weapon in Mega Man Maker.
- By pausing or switching weapons mid-air, the player can use the Nado again while still in mid-air, causing infinite flight. It is unknown if this is a glitch or not.