|Artwork for Nado by Justazag|
When the attack key is held, the user transforms into a tornado for two seconds that can rise up to nine tiles. If the attack key is pressed only once, then they only remain in tornado form for one second, and they only rise up two tiles. The user can adjust their height while flying by repeatedly pressing the attack key. While in Nado form, enemies can be safely contacted while also dealing multiple hits. However, projectiles can still induce knockback. After the tornado's duration ends, the user must land before they can use it again under normal circumstances.
If the user switches to another weapon, then switches back to Nado, they can reactivate it even while airborne. As such, they could hover for as long as there is energy left in the weapon.
- Nado is actually a nickname given to Meta Knight's neutral special by players, and the formal name of the move is Mach Tornado.
- Shine and Nado were both programmed by WreckingPrograms in the Mega Engine before the release of Mega Man Maker.
- The description alludes to the fact that it was considered the best move in Brawl due to its quick startup time, wide area of effect, and lack of other moves that can safely counter it.
- The original Mach Tornado was based off of the Tornado copy ability from the Kirby games.
- While normally going 2 tiles up with a single press of the shoot button, if the player is quick with weapon swap cancels it is possible to hover at less than 1 tile off the ground, although the tighter the gap the more difficult it becomes to hover.