|Rockman Complete Works Artwork of Metal Man from Mega Man 2|
Metal Man is a robot designed for combat, and serves to cause destruction and exact vengeance on Mega Man in the name of Dr. Wily. Utilizes his signature weapon, the Metal Blade, of which he will throw 1 to 3 of in a row, Metal Man is a acrobatic being of destruction that can slice enemies up while keeping his distance.
Metal Man is a mostly red colored Robot with a partly covered face and a Metal Blade on his head. He Has yellow feet with orange knee guards and black pants. His torso includes a yellow power core with blue details surrounding it and his neck. He has two additional Metal Blades where his shoulders connect to the rest of his body. He has yellow arms and red hands.
Metal Man's AI reacts to shoot button inputs, similar to Crash Man, Skull Man, and Toad Man. Pressing the shoot button while Metal Man is on the ground will trigger him to jump straight up and throw his blades in one of three patterns:
- Grounded Shoot Reaction A: Small jump, throw one Metal Blade towards the player.
- Grounded Shoot Reaction B: Medium jump, throw two Metal Blades towards the player.
- Grounded Shoot Reaction C: Large jump, throw three Metal Blades towards the player.
If the player moves too close to Metal Man, he will attempt to jump to the opposite side of the screen, while throwing one Metal Blade at the player.
Standing still and not shooting for a long period of time will cause Metal Man to do a small jump and throw one Metal Blade towards the player.
Metal Man is unaffected by Conveyor Belts and Moving Cogs, instead jogging in place on them, just as he did in Mega Man 2. Until 184.108.40.206, his ability to change the directions of Conveyor Belts was absent, but in 1.6.0 he has a button to enable or disable his ability to do so. When he uses his skill to switch Conveyor Belts, a sound plays and all kinds of transporting platforms switch direction.
In Mega Man Maker selecting Metal Blade as Metal Man's primary weakness makes him to be defeated in one hit of Metal Blade, similar to normal mode. If Metal Blade is the secondary weakness, Metal Blade defeats him in two hits, similar to difficult mode. If the player character reflects one of Metal Man's own Metal Blade projectiles back at him through reflecting weapons or Proto Shield, the blade will defeat him in one hit regardless of what his weaknesses are set to. Metal Man's reaction to the Metal Blade is a reference to Mega Man 2, where Metal Man's own primary weakness was Metal Blade and could kill him in 1 hit if playing on normal mode or 2 in hard mode.
- Metal Man is the only boss that can completely resist Conveyor Belts.
- Metal Man and Spring Man are the only Mega Man Maker bosses that can jump backwards (ignoring the fact that bosses turn around if the player goes past them).
- Metal Man, if standing on any Level Object (even when it is not the Conveyor Belt), will still do his jogging animation.
- For some strange reason, Metal Man seems to be on a different sprite layer than all other bosses in Mega Man Maker, which causes his sprite to appear in front of the sprites of some assets when they overlap, that otherwise does not occur with any other boss. This potential oversight is purely visual in nature and has no impact on gameplay.
|Content from Mega Man 2|
|Bubble Man • Wood Man • Crash Man • Metal Man|
|Neo Met • Returning Sniper Joe • Telly • Telly Spawner • Crazy Cannon • Batton • Robbit • Hothead • Blocky • Pierobot • Croaker • Crabbot • Hot Dog • Big Fish • Fly Boy • Fly Boy Spawner • Fan Fiend • Shrink • Pipi • Atomic Chicken|
|Air Shooter • Quick Boomerang • Leaf Shield • Crash Bomber • Metal Blade • Atomic Fire • Time Stopper • Item-1 • Item-2 • Item-3|
|Conveyor Belt • Yellow Force Beam • Red Force Beam • Green Force Beam • Press • Crash Lift|