|Artwork of Stone Man from Mega Man 5|
DWN-035 Stone Man, Is one of the main bosses from Mega Man 5 that is featured in Mega Man Maker. Through the forces of gravity and mastery over stones, Stone Man utilizes his signature weapon the Power Stone to smack down those who dare challenge him.
Built by Dr. Wily to assist Dark Man with Wily's evil scheme, he was used to assist in gaining control of hanging gardens by securing a nearby mountain. This eventually resulted in him fighting Mega Man.
Stone Man is a massive robot comprised of mostly bricks. His forearms, legs, round torso, broad shoulders, and upper portion of his head are made of the brown brick. His soft armor on his arms and legs however, is dark grey with a gold band linking his upper and lower torso. His hands and face cover are white, and he has a round power core in the middle of his chest that is either green or red.
If Stone Man is less than five tiles away from the player horizontally, Stone Man will react with one of two behaviors at random:
- Near Behavior A: Slow medium jump in the player's direction.
- Near Behavior B: Fast high jump in the player's direction, attempting to land on the player. Upon landing from the high jump, Stone Man will enter a "broken state".
If Stone Man is five tiles or more away from the player horizontally, Stone Man will react with this behavior:
- Far Behavior: Stone Man will perform a brief shake animation, before activating his Power Stone, which will leave 2 large stones orbiting out in a spiral path from where he originally was. Once he does this, he will also do a fast high jump in the player's direction, attempting to land on the player. Upon landing from the high jump, Stone Man will enter a "broken state".
While Stone Man is in his "broken state", he can't be harmed, but will still damage the player if touched. He will soon after re-assemble himself and start his pattern over again.
Originally, in Mega Man 5, If he collided with a wall while airborne, he would rebound off it and move in the opposite direction with no loss in momentum. This behaviour does not occur in Mega Man Maker.
- Despite Stone Man's official art and other official appearances showing him with a green power core in his chest, his in-game Mega Man 5 sprite shows him having a red one. It's unknown if this was due to a miscommunication or technical limitation forcing them to differ. The gem being green appears to be the official coloration as all of Stone Man's other official art and later game appearances also show it as being green.
- He is supposedly good friends with Guts Man due to them having similar appearances.
- Due to Stone Man's excessive jumping, it's not uncommon for him to clip on walls causing him to either act as though he's landed while still in mid-air or on rare occasion completely enter the wall. It can happen in any Boss room conventional or otherwise, but is more common if the ground includes or mostly consists of a moving entity such as the Footholder enemies or Crash Lifts.