|Artwork of a Giree from Mega Man 5|
The Giree (or Cog in Mega Man for Game Gear) is a heavily armored slow rolling enemy that first appeared in Mega Man 5. It was added to Mega Man Maker in the Version 1.3.0 update. This enemy simply travels along the ground, walls, and ceiling in a set direction in an attempt to hinder the player's movement, causing them a fair bit of damage if they come in to contact with one.
Giree spawners also exist; these entities are non-solid tiles with large holes in the shape of Girees in them. They will regularly spawn Girees in the direction they are set or drop quickly downward if the spawner is not placed next to a solid tile block.
- in Mega Man 5, only the weapon Beat had the ability to defeat Girees.
- In Mega Man Maker, only the weapon Shine has the ability to defeat Girees, by deflecting enemy projectiles into them.
- Despite not being a traditional weapon, enemy projectiles deflected by Proto Man's shield will destroy Girees.
- Girees originally only came in 3 different colors in Mega Man 5: Red, Blue, and Green. However, Mega Man Maker features a 4th in addition to the original 3, Yellow.
- If a Giree (set to move left) spawns on, or lands on a Rotating Platform, the Giree won't move. It is currently unknown if this behaviour is a glitch, or intentional.
- Girees cannot move on most moving platforms, falling off when the platform starts moving. Examples of platforms that Girees cannot walk on are Lift Platform, Cossack Platform and Falling Platform.