|Artwork of a Giree from Mega Man 5|
This enemy simply travels along the ground, walls, and ceiling in a set direction in an attempt to hinder the player's movement, causing them a fair bit of damage if they come in to contact with one.
These enemies are immune to the majority of weapons. To defeat them, there are three options: reflecting enemy attacks towards them such as with the Shine, Jewel Satellite or Proto Shield; crushing them with level objects such as the Push Block; or sucking them with the Black Hole Bomb.
Giree Spawners also exist: these entities are non-solid tiles with large holes in the shape of a Giree in their center. They will regularly spawn a Giree in the direction they are set or drop quickly downward if the spawner is not placed next to a solid tile block.
- In Mega Man 5, only the weapon Beat had the ability to defeat Girees.
- Girees originally only came in three different colors in Mega Man 5: Red, Blue, and Green. However, Mega Man Maker features a fourth in addition to the original three, yellow.
- If a Giree set to move left spawns or lands on a Rotating Platform, the Giree will not move. It is unknown if this behavior is a glitch or intentional.
- Girees cannot move on most moving platforms such as Lift Platforms, Cossack Platforms, and Falling Platforms, falling off when the platform starts moving.
- Girees can easily clip into walls if they roll into ladders or collide with certain entities including Boss Doors or Rolling Drills.
|Mega Man 5|
|Weapons||Mega Buster • Power Stone • Gravity Hold • Napalm Bomb • Gyro Attack • Crystal Eye • Star Crash • Water Wave • Charge Kick • Rush Coil • Rush Jet • Super Arrow|
|Enemies||Train Met • Crystal Joe • Shield Attacker • Pukapelly • Lyric • Kouker • Bitter • Power Muscler • Bomb/Rock Thrown • Metall Cannon • Subeil • Giree • Tondeall • Pukapucker • Bounder • Sumatran • Bombier • Cocco • Jet Bomb • V|
|Level Objects||Falling Platform • Rotating Platform • Rolling Drill • Teckyun • Steam • Low Grav Section|
|Bosses||Stone Man • Crystal Man • Napalm Man • Charge Man • Dark Man 3 • Dark Man 4 • Big Pets|
|Other Pages||Tilesets • Backgrounds • Music|