|Skull Man's Mega Man 4 artwork|
DWN-32 Skull Man, (originally DCN) is one of the main bosses of Mega Man 4 that is featured in Mega Man Maker. His Special Weapon is the Skull Barrier. He was introduced in the 1.3.0 update along with 3 other bosses from Mega Man 4 and 5.
Made purely for combat by Dr. Cossack by order of Dr. Wily (know fan of skull motifs), Skull Man is a brilliant strategist and has balanced strength in both offence and defense making him a worthy opponent to face. He would eventually face Mega Man within his fortress of fossils.
Skull Man wears a helmet shaped like a skull with only his eyes and skin visible behind. A small, gray skull symbol can be seen in the forehead. His shoulders are also shaped like skulls. He has a cannon buster in his right hand. His torso is shaped like a ribcage with a red "core" on the center. His legs are black, with a white half starting around the kneecaps and ending in the feet. The lower part of the legs has a yellow bar of sorts in it.
Skull Man starts the fight standing still in an idle state. He will not do anything other than look in the player's direction until the player either presses the left or right directional buttons, or presses the shoot button.
If the player moves by pressing either the left or right directional buttons, Skull Man will, at random, preform one of two actions.
Action A: Skull Man will shoot 3 bullets from his arm. Depending on the player's level of height relative to him, Skull Man will either fire straight ahead, or fire at an upwards or downwards diagonal angle. After the third and final shot is fired, Skull Man returns to his idle state.
Action B: He will jump, and once he lands, he will use the Skull Barrier. It does not deal damage if touched, but it will deflect any shots. After a short amount of time, Skull Man will disable Skull Barrier and will attempt to run forward, stopping if blocked by an object or successfully reaching the same location as the player on the horizontal axis. After Skull Man stops attempting to run towards the player, Skull Man returns to his idle state.
If the player presses the shoot button, Skull Man will always respond by using the behaviour of "Action B", as listed above.
- Skull Man was the first and only boss announced for 1.3.0 before its release.
- His UI description used to simply say "Skull Man Kills" as a reference to a fangame with the same name. It was later changed to better fit the descriptions of the other bosses while still keeping the reference.
- Skull Man's stage theme was used in the 1.3.0 trailer
- If the player does not press left or right upon beginning a fight with Skull Man, he will not move, just like in the original game.
- Sliding/Dashing doesn't need left or right button inputs; this means that Skull Man won't see this as moving and can be useful if the player wishes to move away without triggering Skull Man's attack.