|Mega Man, Transformed into Super Mega Man via the Super Adaptor and Firing off his Rocket Buster fist.|
The Super Adaptor is a special utility weapon from Mega Man 7 that is featured in Mega Man Maker as of its 1.4.0 version. The weapon allows Mega Man to merge with Rush and become Super Mega Man, combining the abilities of the Power and Jet Adaptors from Mega Man 6 plus Mega Man's Mega Arm from Mega Man V on the Game Boy. While the Super Adaptor is equipped, Mega Man can preform a Booster Jump diagonally upwards to the left or right by jumping while in the air. Also instead of a charged shot, Mega Man will fire off his fist at enemies via the Rocket Buster, similar to the Mega Arm but with the ability to home in on nearby enemies rather than just going straight forward and back without the ability to grab items. Uncharged and semi-charged shots however will still be basic Mega Buster shots. Because of this, a boss that is set to be immune to the Mega Buster will be immune to uncharged and semi-charged Super Adaptor shots and can only be damaged with the fist and vice versa.
Additionally, while the Super Adaptor is equipped Mega Man cannot slide unless the weapon is switched off of. However, if he is already sliding under something and switches to the Super Adaptor or picks it up via a Weapon Capsule he will still continue to slide while in Super Form complete with unique sprites.
In Mega Man 7, Mega Man had to obtain an upgrade to amplify the range and to make the Adaptor semi-homing. In Mega Man Maker this upgrade is integrated from the get-go. Another difference is that Mega Man does not need to summon Rush and trigger a fusion, instead instantly equipping the Adaptor form when the weapon is selected.
- Mega Man has several special victory animations when beating a level with the Super Adaptor on. They involve him firing out his fist and retracting it.
- The Super Adaptor of one of there adaptor weapons used by Mega Man in the main series. The other two are from Mega Man 6, and are the Jet Adaptor, and Power Adaptor. The fourth fusion adaptor, called Treble Boost is used exclusively by Bass and was introduced in Mega Man 8. All four fusion adaptors are featured in Mega Man Maker.
- Since the Super Adaptor comes from the 16-bit game Mega Man 7, it lacks official 8-bit sprites. Because of this, the sprites used in Mega Man Maker were custom-made for the game by Aze. He was inspired on the Super Adaptor sprites from Rockman 7 FC.
- Although primarily used by Mega Man, Bass used the Super Adaptor in Mega Man 7 (not to be confused with Treble Boost from future games) during a boss battle, and Cut Man used the Super Adaptor in the Mega Man Megamix manga.
- Mega Man's charged shot hand may sometimes go off the screen and disappear. Because it never returns, Mega Man will continue to be helplessly unarmed until the player opens the weapons menu or changes the weapon. Once this is done the arm will return.
- If there are no enemies on-screen but are in a nearby but different room, the charged shot hand will sometimes fly off in their direction and attempt to attack them before returning. This may also be connected to the previous glitch.